Becoming a Member
It is the custom of Community Baptist Church to give you an opportunity to make a public commitment during every worship service.
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
During the time of invitation, you are invited to come to the altar where we will help you:
- Accept Jesus as your personal Savior and Lord.
- Become a member of Community Baptist Church by:
- Baptism - if you are making a profession of faith or if you are coming into our fellowship from another denomination that does not hold our beliefs about salvation, the eternal security of the believer and/or baptism. This decision requires your statement that you have already received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.
- Statement - attesting to your faith in Christ and your baptism by immersion after salvation into a church of like faith.
- Rededicate and recommit your life to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- Make any other decision or commitment which God would lead you to share publicly.